The ASrtTutor Monthly Challenge is the main on ArtTutor and, as the name suggests, runs every calendar month.
It's open to everyone on ArtTutor. The more the merrier!
A new monthly challenge is published on the first of the month and results are announced the following month (around the 7th).
It consists of three sub-challenges - two are based on reference photos and one is a written theme. You can choose to follow one, two or all three of the sub-challenges as long as you pnly submit one entry per sub-challenge.
A winner is chosen for each sub-challenge but it's not about the winning. We also pick several entries for personal critique each month so even if you don't get picked as a winner, you also have a great chance of getting a professional critique.
Here's how you enter a Challenge:
- Sign in and go to the ArtTutor Challenge Group.
- Look for this month's Challenge discussion (i.e. [CHALLENGE] January 2019).
- Read the three challenges for this month and download the reference photo.
- Complete your drawing or painting and take a good, well-lit photo of it. See this guide for tips on taking a good photo.
- Add your artwork in the normal way via the Add Artwork button and choose to put it in the Challenge Gallery