The ArtTutor Galleries are a place where ArtTutor members can add their artwork for feedback, kudos and critique.
We have 3 Galleries:
1. An Originals Gallery
This is where you can share your own artistic creations.
2. A Lesson Gallery
This is where you can share artwork made after following an ArtTutor lesson.
3. A Challenge Gallery
This is where you submit your entry for the ArtTutor Monthly Challenge.
When you add a piece of artwork, you'll be asked which of the three galleries you want it to appear in.
How to add artwork
Step 1 - Take a photo of your art
You want to show your art in the best possible light so you want to take a clear, well-lit photo of it. Follow these five simple tips for non-photographers to take a good photo of your art.
Once you've taken your photo, either transfer it from your camera or phone to your computer, or if you use ArtTutor on your tablet or phone, take the phot with that device.
Step 2 - Upload your photo to ArtTutor
- Look for the Add Artwork button. You'll find this on your dashboard, on your My Artwork page and on each of the three galleries. Click the Add Artwork button.
- In the pop-up, you'll be asked to start a new collection. A collection is simply a folder where you keep similar artwork together. For example, you might want a collection called My Watercolours or My Sketches. You can create more collections later on and you can more artwork between collections.
- Enter a name for your new collection and click Next.
- On the next page, you'll see a section to add a new image to your collection. Give your image a title and choose the gallery you want to add it to. You'll also see a place to upload the photo of your artwork.
- You'll see the option to add other image details, such as the size, the surface you used and whether you used a reference photo. These are all optional but the more info you give, the more response you'll get from other members.
- Click save and you'll see your artwork in the gallery you chose.
Things to remember
- We only allow one piece of artwork every 24 hours in the Originals gallery. If you have added a piece of art to the Originals gallery in the last 24 hours, the Originals Gallery button will not be available to choose.
- If you accidentally add your artwork to the wrong gallery, a moderator will move it for you.
- Please only upload artwork to the Originals or Lessons galleries that is uniquely yours. If you've obviously copied someone else's piece of art for practice, please don't upload it to ArtTutor unless you have permissions.