If you're experiencing an issue such as videos constantly stopping and starting (buffering), loss of sound or the picture freezing, there are some things you can do to make sure it's not your computer settings or Internet connection.
Try the following steps in this order and test the same video after each one:
1) Refresh the web page.
Clicking the refresh button on your browser is quick and simple and sometimes gives you an easy fix. The button is near the top, usually on the same line as the Home and Back buttons and looks like this:
2) Change the quality setting if the video is stopping and starting (buffering)
In the lower right of each video, you'll see a setting cog button. By default, this is set to 'Auto' meaning the video quality will change automatically according to your Internet speed. Try changing this to '406' or '270' which will work better on a slower Internet speed.
3) Try a different web browser
Most of us use either Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari. Over time, our browser of choice can have things added to it (little programs called Add-ons) and these often interfere with video playback. Rather than messing around trying to figure out which Add-on to disable and how do it, simply download another web browser - they are all simple to install and take no more than a minute or two. Choose on of the following that you DON'T currently use:
- Click here to download Firefox
- Click here to download Google Chrome
- Click here to download Internet Explorer (PC users only, not for Macs)
- Click her to download Safari
4) Do an Internet speed test
If the videos are stop and starting (buffering), do the following immediately after you've just experienced that buffering:
- Go to: http://www.bandwidthplace.com
- Run a speed test on your computer or mobile device
- Make a note of the download speed (it will be in Mbps)
If the speed is less than 2Mbps you will struggle to watch most videos online (including ours). You may be able to watch YouTube videos at a low quality but most other sites will struggle to serve you video.
If the speed is greater than 2Mbps then please send a support request via this Help Centre and tell us the results of the speed test.